Magnetic Drives is a zero leakage maintenance free coupling directly driven by the motor. It consists of external magnet rotor, which is driven by the motor. A stationery shell is threaded / bolted to reactor head & completely isolates the external rotor from the inner rotor. As the external rotor rotates, the internal also rotates in synchronism. The reactors shaft is threaded/bolted to the inner rotor. High energy permanent (rare earth) magnets are fixed inside the inner & outer rotors. A water cooling jacket protects the magnets & other components from excessive temperature arising from the reactor.
- Zero leakage hence zero maintenance & no break down for years
- Full vacuum to pressures upto 10000 psi (689 bar) & temperatures upto 500°C
- For reactor volumes from 50 ml to 10000 ltrs.
- Suitable for glass & metal vessels
- High torque drives upto 300N-m torque
- Available in MOC SS 316/316L, Hastelloy B/C, Monel, Inconel, Titanium, Peek etc.
- Chemically inert PEEK wetted parts magnetic drives for full vacuum to 6 bar pressure
- Magnetic coupling with motor, shaft & different agitator designs
- Compact inline motor & magnetic drive coupling for 50 ml to 25 ltrs. reactors
Models- Magnetic Drive:
- M-Series : Magnetic drives for metal autoclaves / reactors
- MG-Series : Magnetic drives for glass autoclaves / reactors
- MM-Series : Inline motor & magnetic drives for metal autoclaves / reactors
- MMG-Series : Inline motor & magnetic drives for glass autoclaves / reactors
|Model No.||Static Torque Capacity||Drive End Connections||Shaft End Connections||Can be used for reactor sizes|
|(a)||M08/MM08||8||0.785||78.5||1/4″BSPP (M)/3/8″BSPP (M)||1/4″BSF (F)/5/16″BSF (F)||50 ml – 250 ml|
|(b)||M20/MM20||20||1.96||196||3/8″BSPP (M)/1/2″BSPP (M)||1/4″BSF (F)/5/16″BSF (F)||50 ml – 250 ml / 450 ml – 2 ltrs.|
|(c)||M40/MM40||40||3.92||392||1/2″BSPP (M)||5/16″ BSF(F)||450 ml – 5 ltrs.|
|(d)||M80/MM80||80||7.85||785||1/2″BSPP (M)||5/16″ BSF(F)||5 – 25 ltrs.|
|(e)||M200/MM200||200||19.6||1960||1″BSP (M)/1 1/4″BSP (M)/ 2 1/2″ N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||1/2″ / 3/4″ BSF(F) /25mm Φ with keyway||10 – 100 ltrs. /10 – 25 ltrs.|
|(f)||M400||400||39.2||3920||1 1/4″BSP (M)/2 1/2″ N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||3/4″ BSF(F) /25mm Φ with keyway||10 – 500 ltrs.|
|(g)||M600||600||58.8||5880||4″N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||50mm Φ with keyway||500 – 1000 ltrs.|
|(h)||M1200||1200||117.6||11760||4″N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||50mm Φ with keyway||1000 – 2000 ltrs.|
|(i)||M1800||1800||177||17700||4″N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||50mm Φ with keyway||2000 – 3000 ltrs.|
|(j)||M2400||2400||235.2||23520||4″N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||50mm Φ with keyway||3000 – 5000 ltrs.|
|(k)||M3000||3000||294||29400||4″N.B. ASA 600# S.O.R.F||50mm Φ with keyway||5000 – 10000 ltrs.|
|(l)||MG08/MMG08||8||0.785||78.5||NS 29/32, NS 45/40, B34||8 mm I/D & M8(F)||50 ml – 5 ltrs. (Glass vessel)|
|(m)||MG20/MMG20||20||1.96||196||NS 29/32, NS 45/40, B34||8 mm I/D & M8(F)||5 ltrs. – 25 ltrs. (Glass vessel)|
|(n)||MG40/MMG40||40||3.92||392||NS 29/32, NS 45/40, B34||8 mm I/D & M8(F)||10 ltrs. – 25 ltrs. (Glass vessel)|
|(o)||MG80/MMG80||80||7.85||785||NS 29/32, NS 45/40, B34||8 mm I/D & M8(F)||10 ltrs. – 25 ltrs. (Glass vessel)|
- For inquiry specify the model no., M.O.C., pressure & end connections for shaft & drive if different from standard.
- Drive & shaft end connections can be custom built to NPT, flanged, taper joints as per requirement.
- Generally magnetic drive coupling or stirrers are not supplied with shaft & impellers however the same can be offered on special request.
- Magnetic drives of higher torque capacity for reactors of any make can be designed on request. Higher torque drives (than recommended) can be used for particular reactor size for viscous liquids.
|M.O.C wetted parts||SS-316||Hastelloy C, Monel, lnconel, Zirconium, Titanium, PEEK* etc.|
|Design pressure||Full Vacuum to 20Obar for (a) to (d), 100bar for (e) & (f), 5O bar for (g) to (k), Full vacuum for (i) to (o)||Upto 689 bar for (a) to (d), upto 350 bar for (e) & (f) 100 bar for (g) to (k)|
|Max. working temp. at rated pressure||200°C & upto 500°C if cooling jacket provided, glass vessel magnetic drives (i.e. MG series) are without cooling jacket||NA|
|Maximum RPM||1450 for (a) to (d) & (l) to (o), 750 for (e) & (f), 500 for (g) to (k)||Upto 3000rpm for (a) to (d) & (l) to (o)|
For PEEK MOC, design pressure upto 6 bar for M & MM series in model (b) & (c) only & full vacuum for MG & MMG series in model (m) & (n) only
Since development is continuous process, the above specifications are subject to change without prior notice.